Sunday, March 6, 2016

TBF Racing #3 Mountain Bike Challenge 2/14/16

I was very excited that the 3rd race went counter clockwise. I like that better because at the start, I can warm up with a little climb. Also, because there is a lot of technical uphill.



My mom (thanks mom) made sure that I had a front row start. I had a great start and was within the top 15 races I was dropped by the lead group but was still making passes as we got to Oak Alley. Surprisingly, I caught the lead group but was dropped again and was left to just passing other people. that were not in my category. I didn't make it all the way up Little Moab but had a strong first lap.

My second lap was also strong and I battled with another fast racer named Leo. He would drop back, then come out of nowhere and nearly pass me.I had to sprint from the start line, along the beach, to the finish line. I had to do that because Leo was right behind me, catching me really fast. I thought he was going to catch me at the end but I was lucky. I finished 4th out of 39.





 I have to thank Julie Young as my coach because I had the strength to stay in front. Thanks to Roseville Cyclery for always keeping my bike is great shape, Team RC for the support and TBF Racing for the awesome races.

No comments:

Post a Comment