Monday, July 11, 2016

Sierra Cup #4 Sagebrush Scramble

I hadn't raced in this area of Nevada before and didn't realize it was so exposed.The race course was very hard and I dind't even pre-ride that far. It was all climbing from the start and then it just kept climbing until you hit rolling single track. The race was very fun and about half way through 2nd place dropped his chain on an uphill. I got by and bumped up the pace. Then I rode basically alone the rest of the time. There was a mile (or it felt like it) downhill at the end. 3/4 of the way down there was a sharp almost switch back turn and I blew through it off the trail. Thankfully,I was able to get turned around and back on the course without losing much time. It was very hot and I pushed my pace which made me almost cramp up on the downhill. I placed 2nd and was happy for the points towards Nationals.





No comments:

Post a Comment