Sunday, April 5, 2015

Cool MTB Race 3/22/15

The Cool Mountain Bike Race was, well, in Cool CA. It was a late start at 10am which allowed me to sleep in. I got to the race and went to see everyone I knew. I warmed up on the kid's race course once. Then about 10-15 minutes before the race, I warmed up again on the kid's course but not the full length. The starting was confusing because me and Khy were in the back so we had to hand our bikes over to my dad and walk our way through the crowd. Dad handed me and Khy our bikes over the fence and we were in the right spot. When the announcer said "GO!" to a class in front of us, 4-6 people in my class, including me accidently, started with the back of the sport men/women.

The first corner was a bottleneck. Then came a short, steep which I took a different line from Khy. That worked out because he got stuck behind a group of people that stopped and walked. After that, it was more open. I felt great during every uphill even Salt Creek. When I got to Knickerbocker Creek I had figured out a line when I pre-rode a couple of days before. I almost made is through the farthest line to the left when I hit a rock which killed my balance resulting in me STOPPING 3/4 of the way through. Lucky for me, I stepped on a rock just peeking out of the water.

I didn't see Khy but I had another competitor that basically matched my skills completely. His name was Nathan and was on the Limitless race team. I felt good all the way to the finish line and I finished 3rd in my class - 15 and under. I thank Placer Foothills MTB Club for the tent, Team RC and Roseville Cyclery. Also, another thanks to O2 Fitness for all of the training.


No comments:

Post a Comment