Sunday, April 5, 2015

TBF Team Challenge

The last Granite Bay race was the team challenge. I was excited for the race because I chose to do 2 laps - 12 miles. When I got there, I didn't feel the best because my stomach was feeling bad. I went to say 'hello' to everyone I knew but when my mom went to sign me up for two laps, I was SUPER nervous and was going to call off 2 laps. It was too late to say that though. I felt better when I warmed up and was actually excited once Khy was able to move up also. I was racing Novice 14-17.
I felt motivated, anxious and still a little nervous

When I rolled up to the line, the organizer said 'Juniors to the back' and I had to say that I was doing two laps. Once I started it was a mess. Khy and I had to bob and weave through people. Khy is a BMXer and had a better start than me. When I got to the single track, I was 2-4 people behind him. I got to a more open spot, I heard something behind me. Then I looked back and saw a bike on the ground and a huge group of people. I just thought, 'I'm lucky I wasn't caught in that'. It was the first person behind me that had crashed. I felt gassed when I got to the first hill which wasn't good for the first of two laps. I passed Khy but every time I got to a part that I liked, there was a group of people.

My first lap I caught up to Yi, from the RC race team. She would fly up the hills and drop me. I would catch her on the downhill. I went out on the second lap still following Yi. The second lap felt nice and fast. It was nice for all of the spots I liked because there was nobody there now. I finally passed Yi in the oaks and was able to pull away. She was doing three laps = 18 miles after riding a 66 mile road ride the day before.

I felt terribly tired when I crossed the finish line, which is good I guess. I finished 4th. I had a great time afterwards with Team RC. I thank TBF for the incredible races, Team RC for the awesome group of people to hang out with and O2 Fitness for the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment