Thursday, May 5, 2016

Nevada Dirt Classic #1 2016

This was my first time at Nevada Dirt Classic in Nevada City. We had a little trouble finding the race venue but eventually found it. I pre-rode the course and found it very fun and very difficult. The start was very steep and led to some great downhill that was very tight and had slick mud in fast corners. The uphills were steep and slick and mostly at the end of the course. There were lots of obstacles like log drops, over tires (optional), riding over a car (optional but I did it once) and jumps.
 Photo credit Robert Lowe
Photo Credit Robert Lowe

My class (Cat 3 15-19) started 2 minutes early and went with the rest of the Cat 3. I don't think I was warmed up enough at the start because I wasn't as fast as I should have been up the first hill. It was very hard to pass on the course because of all of the single track. One kid kept buzzing my tire half way around the first lap, then passed me. Then when I tried to pass him back he would sprint or push his bike up the trail blocking any pass. It was frustrating.

I was happy that I did two laps and got 3rd. I'm excited about racing the whole series.





No comments:

Post a Comment