Monday, June 13, 2016

Sierra Cup #3 Ridin' High at the Ranch

I was hoping for a better trip because we were in the Forerunner and some better attitude as well. I fell asleep just before we got there but felt refreshed instead of sleepy.On my pre-ride I noticed the course was very fun and hilly at the start. I felt great before the race and felt great during the race.



The whole first part of the race was uphill. Another racer, Arturo, and I battled the whole time. We both pushed our bike up a hill but I couldn't jump back on fast enough and he passed me. On the last part he sprinted so I wasn't able to pass and we were right together. I the last corner, I wasted some time and couldn't make the pass. I got second.

I was happy with my race and my attitude. My grandpa came to my race for the first time so that was nice. Thanks to Roseville Cyclery for all of the help with keeping my bike and gear in good shape. Thanks to Julie Young for the training and feedback to keep me competitive for first place throughout the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment